Kielbasa with White Wine and Mustard
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 smoked kielbasa, about 14-16 ounces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 heaping tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Calvados or brandy
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Thin rounds of baguette
- Cut the kielbasa into 1-inch slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
- Place the meat in a heavy skillet just large enough to hold all the pieces in a single layer, then pour in the wine.
- Bring the wine to a boil and cook uncovered until the wine has almost evaporated and looks syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, mustard, and Calvados, cook 1 minute more.
- Toss the sausage with the parsley and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with toothpicks. Serve with thin rounds of crusty bread. Serves about 6.