Sugarcane Swordfish Kebabs
- To prepare, use a sharp knife to cut off the hard peel on the cane. Once skin is removed, cut right under and above each ‘joint’ and throw away the joints.
- Chew or suck on it to get some natural sugar! Also great in hot or cold beverages for some added sweetness.
- 2 ¼ pounds swordfish steak, cut into cubes
- Sugar cane, peeled and trimmed into sticks or 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water 20 minutes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- Blend together lime juice, ginger, chili sauce and pepper.
- In a bowl, coat fish in marinade then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut peppers into 1½-inch cubes.
- Alternately thread fish and peppers onto skewers.
- Cook on barbecue until done to your liking.