Crustless Cream Cheese Quiche
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh herbs
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Tip: substitute ½ cup chopped, cooked ham or sausage or ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers for the bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs two at a time, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Stir in shredded cheese, bacon, scallions, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and bake 40-45 minutes, until set.