French Egg Drop Soup
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 or 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 to 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 4 eggs beaten
- In a stock pot, put the bacon, garlic and onions to sauté.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. When the broth is boiling, add the beaten eggs and whisk until the eggs are cooked.
- Place a slice of the grilled bread in a deep bowl and ladle the hot soup over the bread.
- Sprinkle with Romano cheese.