Pineapple Ginger Chicken
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl combine chicken with scallions, pineapple, ginger, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over chicken mixture and stir well.
- Spoon into prepared dish, cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.