Potato Gratin with Cheddar, Shallots and Rosemary
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 pounds new potatoes, with peel, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine cream, shallots and rosemary in a medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- Layer half of potatoes in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon half of the cream mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Top with second layer of potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour remaining cream mixture evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 60 minutes, until bubbly and top is browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.