Sautéed Burmese Python
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Burmese python fillet
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pan, heat butter until it just begins to brown. Remove from heat and add capers, lemon juice, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a bowl, dredge the python filet in flour until evenly covered.
- In a large, oven-safe pan, warm olive oil over medium heat, then add python.
- Sear python filet on both sides until golden brown, then transfer pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350°F. Remove from heat, top with butter sauce, and serve.