Shrimp with Caribbean Rum Marinade
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup rum (any kind)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped cilantro sprigs
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Scotch bonnet chili pepper or 4 serrano peppers, including seeds, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp and marinate no longer than 30 minutes.
- Grill shrimp over medium heat (400°F) about 2-3 minutes on each side, brushing once with marinade before turning over.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until potatoes are hot and slightly browned on top.