Spiced Apple Butter Bread
Ingredients (yields 1 loaf)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup all-natural apple butter
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Beat in buttermilk; scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula, and beat again.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in flour, baking soda, and spices.
- Add apple butter and nuts and stir just until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5-10 minutes on a rack and remove bread from pan.
- Cool to room temperature before slicing.