Tex-Mex Black Bean Salad
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small orange pepper, small diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Variation: Add a finely chopped jalapeno pepper to heat things up! Add grilled shrimp or chicken and serve over salad greens as an entrée. Add a diced mango or omit rice, if desired.
- Plan Ahead: Prepare up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk dressing together in a small bowl and pour over salad.
- Toss to combine and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- Allow salad to come to room temperature and stir before serving.