Ugli Fruit Smoothie
- Tastes like a sweet orange.
- When ripe, the skin is loose and blemished. The thick skin makes it easy to peel.
- These can be eaten alone or used to marinate beef to make Carne Asada.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ugli fruit, peeled and quartered
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup pure pineapple juice
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, honey, or agave
- 8 ice cubes
- Peel and cube the ugli fruit. For best results, be sure to remove the skin around each segment, keeping only the fleshy, juicer parts.
- Peel and slice the banana.
- In a blender, combine the ugli fruit, banana, pineapple juice, milk and sugar. Process until smooth.
- Add the ice and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into cups and serve immediately.