Sautéed Chinese Celery
- Chinese celery has a much stronger flavor than other celery.
- Chinese celery is best served cooked. It can be added to stir-fries and fried rice dishes. It makes an excellent addition to vegetable soup.
- Can be stored in perforated plastic bags in the fridge. Do not wash until ready to use.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until celery is crisp-tender.