30 Minute Vegetable Soup
- 1 generous pound ground sirloin
- 1 generous cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (20-30 ounces) chunky garden style pasta sauce - we used Prego
- 2 cans (15 ounces) low sodium beef broth
- Water to taste - start with one broth can of water and go from there)
- 1 can (10 ounces) chopped tomatoes and chilies
- 1 bag (20 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables for soup, thawed
- Fresh spinach - 5 ounce package
- Cheddar or Parmesan for garnishing
- Cook meat, onion and garlic together.
- Add everything else but fresh spinach.
- If you have the 30 ounce jar of pasta sauce, add almost all, but taste before adding the rest. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Toss in spinach and cook until wilted, about one minute more.