Aloo Methi Subzi
- Methi leaf has a strong flavor and aroma. When used in small quantities, this leaf can add some spice to your dishes.
- Add to curries and soups for strong, savory flavors. Methi leaf pairs well with chicken, vegetables, and potatoes.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch fresh methi Leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Green chilies to taste, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- Red chili Powder, to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Wash methi leaves well and chop. Place leaves in a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt. Mix well and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium pan, add onions, green chilies and garlic. Stir and cook until onions are translucent, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes and salt, mix well, and cook 7 -10 minutes until potatoes are almost cooked.
- Squeeze out all the water from the methi leaves and add them to the potatoes.
- Add coriander, red chili powder, and turmeric. Mix well, cover, and cook for approx 5 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked. Remove from heat and add tomatoes.
- Cover and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.