Ingredients (yields 1 ½ cups)
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and diced into ½-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- Combine ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thick and liquid is syrupy, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool; cover and refrigerate.
- Tip: serve this chutney over grilled or roasted pork, chicken or seafood.