Baked Manzano Banana Chips
- Manzano bananas taste sweet with hints of apple and strawberry.
- Unlike a normal banana, this variety will turn black when ripe and tastes best when it has black spots.
- "Manzano" is Spanish for "apple."
- Lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Slice bananas very thin (to about ⅛-inch thick), brush with lemon juice mixed with just a little water. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 250°F for about 1½ to 2 hours until they are crispy. Halfway through, turn over the chips to ensure they bake evenly.
- Let cool (the longer they cool the crispier they become).
- To make sweet chips, use overripe bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat steps above.