Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, cremini, shiitake, button or a mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1-2 tablespoons “More Than Gourmet” demi-glace, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¾ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1½ pounds cooked, rare to medium-rare, beef tenderloin or other steak, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook mushrooms until they are browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet and add onions.
- Sauté onions, adding a drizzle of olive oil if needed, until they begin to soften and brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and sprinkle with flour, stirring until well blended.
- Slowly add broth, stirring well, then tomato paste, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sherry, demi-glace, salt, pepper and tarragon and stir well.
- Return beef to skillet and simmer to heat through.
- Stir in sour cream, adjust seasoning and serve over noodles.