Beer Bread with Italian Herbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 12 ounces beer
- 3 cups self-rising flour (purchased or homemade using recipe below)
To make 1 cup of self-rising flour combine:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-55 minutes, until bread sounds hollow when tapped and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.