Black Diamond Cheddar with Fresh Mascarpone & Tuscan Kale on Ciabatta
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 large bunch (8-10 leaves) Tuscan Kale, washed, stems and ribs removed, and cut very thinly into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups Black Diamond cheddar, shredded on a box grater
- 4 thick slices ciabatta bread, or any crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the kale, mascarpone, and cheddar into the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until roughly incorporated.
- Season with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg (optional, to taste).
- Spread evenly onto 4 slices of the ciabatta bread and top with remaining slices to create 4 sandwiches.
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet. Griddle the sandwiches until golden brown.
- Place sandwiches into the preheated over and bake until you can see the cheese mixture start to melt, about 4-5 minutes.
- Allow the sandwiches to rest for a few minutes, then serve.