Black Garlic and Kale
- Don't be afraid of the dark! It’s only fermented garlic. Packed with antioxidants, this garlic has the consistency of a soft dried fruit and a molasses-like richness with a tangy garlic undertone.
- Black garlic is perfect for a variety of dishes including stuffed mushrooms and pasta or meat dishes.
- 2-3 cloves black garlic
- 2-3 cloves regular garlic
- ¼ white onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼-½ cup water
- 3-4 cups kale or other dark greens
- Salt, red pepper, and black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat regular garlic and onions in olive oil.
- After about a minute, add black garlic and season with the salt and red and black pepper.
- When regular garlic and onions are translucent, add kale, truffle oil, balsamic and water. Cover for a few minutes to steam.
- Once the kale has wilted, toss it carefully to evenly distribute seasoning.
- Allow the kale to steam until most of the liquid has evaporated.