- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets skin and bones removed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Johnny's Salmon Finishing Sauce
- In a small bowl mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Brush salmon fillets on both sides with ¼ cup butter, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture.
- Drizzle one side of each fillet with half of the remaining butter.
- In a large, heavy skillet over high heat, cook salmon, butter side down, until blackened, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Turn fillets, drizzle with remaining butter, and continue cooking until blackened and fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Plate the salmon and pour a little Johnny's salmon finishing sauce on top.