Blue Cheese and Rosemary Walnut Butter
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8 x 11-inch baking dish.
- Combine blue cheese, butter, rosemary, scallions, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- To serve, season steaks of your choice heavily with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness and top with a dollop of Blue Cheese and Rosemary Walnut Butter as steaks come off the grill.
- Tip: you can use any combination of fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme and sage work well.