Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tea bags black tea
- Bring milk and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and add cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pepper, vanilla and sugar. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags, and steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain chai into a pitcher, serve hot or cold.