Chicken Corn Chowder
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 6 strips bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups fresh corn
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven over low heat until beginning to crisp.
- Add the onions and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and mix well; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Increase heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half, corn, thyme, Tabasco and salt and pepper.
- Return chowder to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.