Chicken with Prosciutto, Tomatoes, and Sage
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until well browned and just cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots and garlic to the skillet; sauté 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add tomatoes, wine, prosciutto and sage to the skillet; stir well and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the skillet, reduce heat and simmer until sauce has thickened and chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.