Chicken Wrapped in Iberico Ham with Rosemary Pan Sauce
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 thin slices Iberico ham or prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon dry white wine, divided use
- 1-2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Have ready a 10 to 11-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet.
- Trim excess fat from chicken thighs and open flat, with smooth-side down.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon rosemary.
- Fold each thigh in half and roll in one slice of ham with seam at the bottom.
- Pour olive oil in skillet and spread evenly.
- Place chicken in pan, seam-side down, and add rosemary sprigs, garlic and 3 tablespoons wine to skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and roast 40-45 minutes, until browned and crispy on all sides and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and remove chicken from pan.
- Place skillet over medium heat and deglaze with 1 tablespoon wine, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add butter to pan and stir to incorporate.
- Serve chicken drizzled with pan sauce.