Chili Lime Taro Fries
- Do not refrigerate or consume raw. Cook thoroughly.
- Taro root is very sticky and is very good in soups. Taro root is higher in fiber and lower in calories than white potatoes and is very filling.
- Makes great potato chips!
- 1 large taro root, peeled and cut into fries size
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a large skillet, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Make sure you have enough oil to completely submerge the fries. Fry the taro root until they turn golden brown.
- Using a strainer, transfer the fries into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle immediately with salt and Ancho chili powder, then drizzle with lime juice. Toss all the Ingredients together using large spoon until the spices are well distributed. Serve hot.