Chilled Korean Melon Salad
- Important: Seeds must be removed before consumption.
- Korean melons have a sweet, mild flavor that is similar to that of a pear or cantaloupe. These make great popsicles when mixed with lime juice and sugar!
- When choosing, remember the the flesh will be semi-firm when ripe.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 Korean melons
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, minced
- Cut each melon in half, scoop out seeds, peel off outer yellow rind, and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place melon pieces in a non-reactive bowl (glass or stainless steel) and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss together and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
- Serve over lettuce of your choice.