- 4 pounds crawfish
- 1.5 gallons water
- 1 package crawfish boil (prepackaged seasoning)
- ¼ cup salt
- 4-6 ears corn
- 1 pound andouille sausage
- 6-8 small onions
- 1 head garlic
- 2 lemons, halved
- 6-8 baby artichokes
- 1.5 pounds red potatoes
- Hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste
- In a very large pot, bring water, crawfish boil, salt, and hot sauce or cayenne (or both) to a vigorous boil.
- Add vegetables and sausage and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Squeeze in lemons and add them and the crawfish to pot.
- Boil for an addition 6-8 minutes or until crawfish have turned bright red.
- Drain and serve immediately.
Hot Sauce Pairings
- Hot: Panola Extra Hot
- Medium: C'Mon Man Cajun Hot Sauce
- Mild: Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Abita Purple Haze
- Gaffel Kölsch
- Sun King's Pachanga Mexican Style Lager