Easy Shrimp Creole
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and green pepper and sauté until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Then, stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!