Florida Avocado and Egg Salad
- Florida avocados are sweeter, lighter, and not as dry as Haas avocados.
- Avocados ripen best off the tree and are ripe when they yield to gentle pressure.
- Florida avocados contain only half the fat and two-thirds the calories of Haas avocados.
- 2 Florida avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lightly toss avocado cubes with lemon juice in a serving bowl.
- Chop 6 of the hard boiled eggs and add to avocado with onion.
- Add mayonnaise to avocado mixture and gently mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the remaining eggs and use as garnish atop the salad.
- Sprinkle salad with paprika.
- Serve chilled with salad greens or as a sandwich filling.