Fragrant Pears Stuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese
- Crisp like Asian pears but sweet and juicy like American pears.
- Can be eaten as a snack or used in fruit salads or baked dishes.
- Has a thin skin so handle with care!
- 4 small firm, ripe pears
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola, or other high quality blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts, pistachios, or pine nuts
- Carefully peel pears, leaving the stems attached.
- Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, along with a tablespoon or so of pulp out of each half.
- Rub with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Cream Gorgonzola and cream cheese together in a small bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Fill pear halves with cream cheese mixture and carefully stick the two halves of the pears back together again.
- Roll pears in crushed nuts, and chill for 2 hours, or until the cheese is firm.