Fresh Fruit Salad with Spiced Syrup
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups mixed fruit, chopped (peaches, blueberries, honeydew, watermelon, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by about half (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate until ready to drizzle over fruit and serve.