Fresh Fruit Sangria
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 bottle (about 3 cups) sparkling white wine, chilled
- ⅓ cup peach brandy
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice or to taste
- About 7 cups fresh fruit: sliced pineapple, oranges, strawberries and blueberries
- Ice cubes
- To make simple syrup, combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and let boil 3 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the simple syrup, wine, brandy, lemon juice, pineapple, oranges, strawberries and blueberries.
- Stir to combine well.
- Serve in glasses over ice cubes, garnished with a mint sprig.