- When small and immature, breadfruit tastes like artichokes. As it matures, it tastes more like a potato and finally a sweet yam.
- Breadfruit is too starchy to consume raw. It can be fried, grilled, boiled, or steamed in soups, side dishes, or stir-fries.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 ripe breadfruit
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- Chaat masala for garnish (optional)