Fudgy Chocolate-Raspberry Brownies
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 6 ounces (1 cup) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves, stirred well
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl and microwave in 30-45 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of preserves over batter; pull a knife through batter to create a swirled effect. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownie just begins to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.