Gnocchi Gratin with Gruyere and Bacon
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided use
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 thick bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 16 ounces mini gnocchi, vacuum sealed package
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 7x11-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add scallions and sauté 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, then wine.
- Continue cooking and whisking until sauce thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add Gruyere, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stir until cheese is melted.
- Add bacon and mix well.
- Add gnocchi and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer to prepared dish, sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan and sprinkle top lightly with pepper.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, until hot, bubbly and top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving.