Greek Stuffed Peppers with Farro
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 small sized yellow, orange, and/or red bell peppers
- ½ cup farro, we used pearled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise through the stems.
- Cook farro according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat add the olive oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add the zucchini and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked farro, oregano, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, and feta cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place peppers in a 9x13-inch baking dish and divide farro mixture among the pepper halves; tuck any extra filling mixture around peppers in the dish.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Remove from oven and serve.