Green Plantain Chips
- Green plantains are starchy, but not sweet.
- These are generally cooked before they ripen. They can be added to soups and stews for a unique flavor.
- Green plantains taste great grilled or sauteed with spices. They can also be consumed raw once ripe.
- 2 large green plantains
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the plantains and slice into thin discs.
- Fill a large skillet with enough vegetable oil to completely cover the plantain chips. Heat the oil to 360°F.
- Fry the plantains in the hot oil, turning occasionally until brown on both sides. Drain on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with salt to taste and transfer to a serving plate.