Grilled Chevre & Fresh Strawberry on Brioche
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 loaf of brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cultured butter
- 1 pound fresh goat milk chevre
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the brioche loaf into eight thick slices, about ¾-inch thick.
- Spread fresh chevre onto each of the eight slices of bread.
- Slice the strawberries into even thick slices, about four slices for each berry.
- Divide the strawberry slices into four equal amounts and place atop the four bread slices.
- Complete the sandwiches with the remaining bread so that the chevre sandwiches the strawberries on each side.
- In a large oven-safe pan, melt the cultured butter until it just starts to foam.
- Place the sandwiches in the pan and toast gently.
- Flip the sandwiches after a few minutes, or as soon as the brioche turns a deep golden brown.
- Toast the remaining side, then place the pan directly into the preheated oven.
- After a few minutes in the oven, check to see if the cheese is melted, then remove pan. Serve sandwiches immediately.