Grilled Sausage with Roquefort on Chargrilled Ciabatta
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 large sausages of your choice
- ½ pound Ile de France Roquefort
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Preheat your gas or charcoal grill to a medium heat.
- Grill the sausages on the preheated grill until they are nicely browned on the outside.
- Once the sausages are fully cooked, remove from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes. Once cooled slightly, slice sausages in half.
- Spread the Roquefort cheese onto each side of the ciabatta rolls. Then add a few slices of sausage. Each sandwich should have at least half of one sausage.
- Grill the sandwiches over a chargrill on the lowest heat possible. I like to wrap the sandwiches in heavy foil, then pop them on the grill, flipping every minute or so.
- When they’re nice and toasted, pop them out of the foil and place directly on the grill. Only do this for a few seconds to allow the sandwiches to become crispy.