Grilled Teriyaki Swordfish
- 4 fresh swordfish steaks
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice (no sugar added)
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and lemon juice.
- Place in heavy plastic bag with swordfish steaks and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally to thoroughly marinate all surfaces of the fish.
- Remove swordfish from bag and frill over high heat, 4-5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Be careful not to overcook swordfish; it dries out quickly (fish is done when flesh is opaque and flakes easily with fork.)
- Serve with lightly grilled slices of pineapple and baked sweet potatoes.