Grilled Yali Pear Salad Bowl
- Yali pears are larger and rounder than other pear varieties.
- Can be used in place of traditional Asian pears.
- These are aromatic and sweet with a crisp and moist flesh. The flavor is similar to apples or other pears.
- 4 firm pears
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons pistachio oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8-10 cups mixed salad
- 1 cup blue cheese or goat cheese
- ¾ cup pistachios
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your BBQ or grill for direct cooking over a hot fire (210°C/400°F)
- While the coals gain fire, mix honey, pistachio oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put this dressing aside.
- Grill the pears until grill marks appear and pears are cooked through.
- Mix the salad with the pistachios, add cheese, then and drizzle 1 teaspoon of dressing over salad. Finish the salad bowl with grilled pear.