Gruyere Sage & Grainy Mustard on Inverted Baguette
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ of a good crusty baguette
- ¾ pounds Gruyere or Comté cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large fresh sage leaves
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, then cut each slice in half to make 4 slices.
- Turn the bread inside out so that the cut side is facing out.
- Spread grainy mustard on the outside of the bread.
- Cut the cheese into ⅛-inch slabs and form two sandwiches.
- Chop the sage roughly and sprinkle onto the sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches in melted butter until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is nicely melted and oozing out.
- The inverted baguette will brown nicely and still have a great crunch!