Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Ingredients (makes 8 slices)
- One pastry for a 9½ -inch deep pie plate
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ to 2 cups diced ham
- 8 ounces shredded cheese, Jarlsberg, cheddar or a combination
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped steamed broccoli, patted very dry
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ cups half-and-half or cream, or a combination
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Have ready a 9½ -inch deep pie plate.
- Roll pastry on a floured surface into a 13-inch round and line pie plate.
- Spread Dijon mustard evenly over bottom of the pastry.
- Top Dijon with the diced ham, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over ham.
- Arrange broccoli over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne until smooth.
- Pour evenly over ingredients in pie shell.
- Bake until custard is just set, 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve quiche warm or at room temperature.