Hawaiian Papaya and Cucumber Salad
- Considered the best and most flavorful papaya.
- Seeds are edible. Add them to creamy salad dressings for a peppery bite! Roasted seeds can be eaten alone or used for other recipes.
- Makes great shakes and juices!
- 1 large peeled papaya, coarsely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine papaya, cucumber, vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, then sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with baked tortilla chips or over grilled meat, chicken, or fish.