Hazelnut Snowball Cookies
Ingredients (yields 48)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour, oats and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Stir in hazelnuts and mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden on the bottom.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and allow to cool for 10 minutes before rolling in confectioners' sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.