Helado de Mamey
- The flavor is similar to that of a mango or banana with a hint of vanilla and coconut.
- To use, cut lengthwise around pit, twist to separate, and scoop from skin with a small spoon. Can be added to smoothies or jam.
- For the best flavor, squeeze lime juice on top.
- 13 ounces mamey pulp (approximately 1 small mamey)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cups blue agave sweetener
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Makes about 1.5 quarts.