Hoisin BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 skewers
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk hoisin, ginger, garlic, sherry, honey and chili-garlic sauce in a bowl.
- Thread chicken, pineapple and onion onto skewers; season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in a grill pan or grill over high heat until brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn skewers over, baste with hoisin mixture, and cook 3-4 minutes more; turn and baste again and cook until chicken is cooked through and caramelized, about 2 minutes longer.