Horned Melon Sauce for Grilled Beef
- Horned melons, or kiwano melons, are ripe when skin is bright or golden orange.
- To eat, cut in half and scoop out the flesh and seeds with a spoon.
- Will keep many weeks at room temperature. A member of the cucumber family.
- 1 horned melon
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Cut the melon into halves lengthwise.
- Use a grapefruit knife or small sharp knife to scoop out the pulp.
- Combine the melon pulp, lime juice, green onion, oil, cumin, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until well blended.
- Serve over grilled beef.